Enabling collaboration for health and social care
Welcome to the NHSmail support site and Portal help pages
If you are experiencing issues accessing NHSmail or downloading NHSmail to a mobile device or tablet, please attempt the following actions.
If you are unable to carry out a self-service unlock or password reset, please contact your local organisation IT helpdesk or Local Administrator for further assistance.
- Re-type your current NHSmail password within the email application settings on your mobile device or tablet. Once re-typed, save the settings and then try to synchronise/update your email. If this does not resolve the issue, please move to step 2.
- Carry out a self-service unlock by clicking here and following the on-screen instructions to unlock your account. Once the unlock has been completed, please retry step 1 above. If this still does not resolve the issue, move to step 3.
- Carry out a self-service password reset by clicking here and following the on-screen instructions to reset your password. Once your password has been reset, you will need to update the password on all devices that you use to access NHSmail otherwise your account may be locked out. Once reset, please try to synchronise/update your email.
- For guidance regarding changing your password or setting up self-service password and unlock management, please visit the Self-Service Password and Unlock Management page.
- Local Administrators and Primary Local Administrators can now restore accounts within the Portal by pressing the Restore button. If the Restore button is not yet visible when reviewing an account in a Deleted status you may need to delete your browser cache and cookies and restart your browser.
- Unfortunately, following the enabling of the anti-spoofing controls, some organisations have been experiencing issues with implementing the guidance provided. To allow organisations time to overcome these issues, we have reversed the anti-spoofing changes and will re-introduce them within the next few weeks, with the exact date confirmed nearer the time after additional work is completed with system suppliers. In the meantime, please continue to regularly check the junk email folder within your mailbox.
- If you are experiencing issues with NHSmail, please visit the Service Status Page. Alternatively, review the FAQ page.
- New to NHSmail? See the getting started guide for assistance.
Using the Portal
Learn about: User Management, Profile Creation and Using the Directory
Information and Guidance
Click for: information on the core and additional services offered by NHSmail and case studies highlighting some of the benefits of using the service
Click for: previous communications sent to Local Administrators and End Users
Click for: current service status, planned changes and known issues